Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pine Hill Cave Trip

Tuesday evening was our biggest cave day ever.  Brandon, and his cousin, came up from his place (He's been on vacation), and my cousin Ryan came down.  Also Tony, Hannah, Hannah, and Esther came with us.  So it was nice to go caving with just a bunch of Christians.

Anyway, when we all finally got together we drove down to the entrance and got underway.  Our first stop was the skylight dome.  We went through the Birth Canal and right before we entered it we stopped to get a group picture.  However, Tony and I got cut out.  But everyone else is in it.

(Left to right: Ryan, Hannah, Esther, Hannah, Josh (Brandon's Cousin), Brandon)

The crawl was interesting but everyone really loved the skylight dome.  So far they had been having a really good time.  And I was surprised that the girls didn't care about being wet.  I guess they are some of those "tough" girls.  Anyway, the skylight dome was even better for me because for the first time we could see light streaming through the top, 125 feet above.  It was about 8:00 in the evening so there was still light out.  It was fascinating.


We didn't spend too much time in the dome.  We then exited and went back to the main passage.  I gave Ryan my camera and he was able to get a couple pictures before the lens started to fog up again.  I hate having that problem.

We continued on the left fork and entered the waterfall area.  Everyone really loved it!  And I am still awed everytime I see this section.  We went all the way to the biggest one.  And everyone but Hannah made it across without falling into the deep pool.  We then went right upstream to the Rain Dome.  We stayed there a minute and then turned around and exited the cave.

It was a fun night, especially with all the people we had.  Some of them I'm not good friends with (*cough *cough), but I'm working on it, slowly but surely :D 


(Left to Right: Ryan, Brandon, Josh, Josh, Tony, Esther, Hannah, Hannah)

No comments:

Post a Comment