Friday, March 18, 2011

Quick Pine Hill Trip

Brandon got off work early this afternoon and we went to Pine Hill Cave.  He hadn't been caving since September.  I decided I'd take him to the Tower Domes and the Canyon, since he hadn't been there yet.  We made pretty good time, and enjoyed studying the coral fossils, and overall caving experience.  It was a fun, quick trip.


When we changed and got back to the truck, Brandon and I decided to take a longer loop through the hollers and hills.  I am going with a few friends tomorrow morning to explore a brand new cave, and I wanted to make sure I remembered where it was.  So we head out.  On the way, we found ourselves in front of this huge, old, abandoned Limestone quarrys.  I remember a friend telling me about them but I'd never went to check them out.  And of course, we had to go check them out.

They were pretty impressive.  We continued on, driving on the windy, sometimes steep holler roads and finally made the connection.  We saw a lot of beautiful country on the way.  We pulled up to the entrance to Mullins Spring Cave, and then headed out.  I'll be getting up at 6 tomorrow morning to take a few friends and have a blast getting really wet and exploring this new cave!

No comments:

Post a Comment