Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Journey into Amazing Caves

I remember watching this film a few years ago at home, but that was before I become OBSESSED with caves.  In the last few months I have watched this movie a couple times, and read the companion book that details the work that Dr. Hazel Barton, and Nancy Aulenbach do.  I never dreamed that I would someday have the opportunity to meet Dr. Barton.  But as of today, that dream has become a reality!

Dr. Barton is employed by Northern Kentucky University, just a couple hours north of Berea.  I was put in contact with her by another professor from Arkansas.  I expressed my interested in her work, and was wondering what other types of fields of work one could go into, regarding caving.  At the suggestion from my adviser, I also asked about possible trips she, or other professors she knew might be doing for research, and if they had any positions for students seeking some hands on experience, for help.  To my surprise, I received an email from her this morning saying she would like to come swing over to Berea on her way to go caving so she could meet me, and we could talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment