Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Critter

Today in health class we learned some self defense moves.  It is basically a wimpy form of martial arts.  I wasn't impressed.  If I am going to learn martial arts to defend myself I want to teach the guy to never think about messing with me again.  I don't just want to do enough so I can escape.  But then I went to work and I got the privilege of using the wood chipper!!!!!  Lunch was good.  I talked to Esther a little bit and some others before I went back to work.  For the afternoon, I spread mulch around trees until class time.  In class we went over electrical wiring in a house.

I had a good time at dinner and then I basically did nothing much except watch episode 2 of Band of Brothers.  Finally, 9:30 came and we met a group to go caving.  At the last minute they decided to switch caves so I went to Sinks of the Roundstone for my 3rd time, now.  But it was still fun.  Even though we rushed through more and didn't get to do as much exploring, I still had a good time.  So did Ivan.  He had never went before.  Since I knew a lot of the cave I left the group sometimes and took little detours and sidings to go to an area so I could see more.  And I did a lot of climbing and jumping tonight, for some reason.  When we got near the entrance I jumped off a 10-12 foot ledge into some mud and gravel below.  And I sort of had to as Jacob and Lydia made a big deal about it and told me I had to.  I got complemented on my landing as I did it right but then when we got back to the dorm I really am paying for it.  My left foot is throbbing and it will be bruised for a while.
                                         (Critter, before we entered the cave.  His first caving too)

I guess out here in Kentucky, so my friend Josh (he goes by Critter) told me, the bigfoots are called Critters.  So there was some joking about The Critter lurking through the cave and the woods.  When we exited the cave I went ahead on my own and had fun doing a video clip of me in the dark being used by the group as bait to lure The Critter away.

                                    (Jacob, going out of the entrance to the cave.  It was mostly coated in ice)
So that's about life right now.  I could go and live in a cave...

 
(Ivan, happy about his first caving experience)
  
(Wes sitting on a very nice ledge)

1 comment: