Sunday, March 14, 2010

I belong in a cave

So I actually didn't go to sleep right away Friday night.  I ended up going into Ivan's room for a minute and before I knew it I was sucked into playing games, then we watched Night at the Museum 2 in the lobby and Alvario heated up some left over chicken and we ate that.  I ended up going to bed at 3:30.

I slept in and after lunch I spent all my afternoon working on my 210 paper.  Then I went to dinner and at 7 I met Johnathan, Ben, and Brian outside Dana.  They were taking a small group of people caving.  And they asked me if I wanted to come along.

Like usual, caving was simply amazing.  I got to explore some new passages, visit ones I wanted to see, and climb some new routes.  I am getting to know the cave pretty good.

                               (This "canyon" is only a foot high.  I got down and took this picture.)
It was really cool when we reached the usual big room after we squeezed through a small hole.  We all turned our lights out and we sang As the Deer.  Then Ben did a little devotional.  It's so cool to hear a praise song to God echoing through a cave.  And we can know that he still hears us even though we are deep underground.
                           (A view of some room, looking up)
                                     (One of the many tight squeezing passages there are 20 feet tall or more)
              (Looking down into a 50 foot crevasse.  Some of the RAs didn't know it existed until me and a couple guys found it a couple caving adventures ago.  You can faintly see a blue glow stick at the bottom that Ben through down.)

So I went to bed around 12 after we got done caving.  And I slept until 12:30.  I caught up on sleep for the past three weeks or so.  It felt so nice.  So I went to lunch and then headed to the library.  I met Cassy in there and we just sat and did homework.  Then Daniel just randomly waltzed in and saw us.  He stuck around for a while and then we all parted.  Except I went with Daniel.  We went to his apartment and we hooked up our computers and played Cabela's Big Game Hunter.  We hunted coyotes together.  I was bagging them quickly.  While Daniel was trying to shoot one with his shotgun I would kill it with one shot with my .308 rifle.  I stole several of his coyotes that way.

Daniel brought me back too late to go to food service so I had to resort to getting a sandwich, chips, and a drink from the cafe for dinner.  Then I went back to the library and I finished the rough draft of my 210 paper.  It is around 500 words short still, but I got the bulk of it done.  My professor will help me out with revising and giving me some more ideas to lengthen it.  But I am glad I am past the worse of this paper.  Two days of hard worked has paid off.  I now feel I can make the final push to mid terms and spring break.

1 comment:

  1. I do like your pictures, even though I would never want to go caving. I am glad you are having fun.

    Ma

    ReplyDelete